Conference Theme: Future Grid: The Reality, Challenges, and Opportunities
Papers of quality are invited to present original work or practical experiences relating, but not restricted, to the topics below. Papers will be recommended for publication in IET INSPEC database and IEEE Xplore.
Management and Planning
- T&D Asset Management
- Architectures and models for Smart Grid
- Design and application of modern generation, transmission and distribution equipment
- Micro-grid & Grid Optimization
- Demand Dispatch
- Distribution generation, CHP & other alternative energy resources
- Renewable energy systems and sustainable development initiatives
- Energy storage facilities
- Asset condition monitoring
- Operation & Maintenance strategies
Operation and Control
- Economic and optimal operation
- Self-healing capability
- Distribution Automation
- Interconnection of renewable energy systems and electric vehicles with Smart Grid
- Power quality & reliability
- Operation & control of AC/DC grid
- Power Electronics
End Use Management
- Building energy management systems & automation
- Demand side management
- Demand response & dynamic pricing
- Energy efficiency and conservation initiatives
- Application of electric vehicles and associated charging infrastructure
- Smart home application
Smart Grid Technology
- Internet of Energy (IoE)
- Communication protocol
- Standardization, Interoperability and Coexistence & Regulation
- Data management & Cyber security
- SCADA/EMS/DMS and information systems
- Home area network
- Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI)
- Power conversion technologies
- Long life-time power electronic systems
Electric Power Market
- Power market restructuring
- Independent power producer & distributed and embedded generation
- Smart grid and the power market interactions
|Deadline for submission of Abstracts||15 July 2018|
|Notification of provisional acceptance||30 July 2018|
|Deadline for submission of Final Paper||15 August 2018|
|Notification of final acceptance||31st August 2018|
The following data entries are mandatory for the submission of an Abstract to the web-site.
- Title of the paper
- Authors and Co-authors, each with name, affiliation, email address
- Contact e-mail address and telephone of the principal author
- Abstract in text form (300 to 400 words) (no graphic or formula)
- Up to 4 keywords
- Related conference topic
Final Paper shall be in PDF format, ready for printing on paper of A4 size (21cm x 29.7cm) with margins of not less than 2.5cm from all edges and in double-column, with a maximum of 6 pages. You can download a sample template here.
All Abstracts and Final Papers will be reviewed by the Technical Programme Committee. Acceptance will be individually informed through email.
Accepted papers shall be presented by at least one of the authors who must have paid the registration fees. Each registered author can present up to three papers. If the author would like to present more than three papers, an extra 15% of the full registration fee will be charged for each of the additional paper. All accepted papers will be included in the conference proceedings.
Special Panel Sessions and Tutorials
Papers for three special sessions are open for submission:
Other topics of relevance to the conference theme are invited to be subjects for special panel sessions and tutorials. Proposed topics shall reach the Organizing Committee via E-mail. The Organizing Committee reserves the right to accept, decline, make whole or partial use of, or modify the proposals and their contents for APSCOM 2018 without referring to the proposers.
Best Student Paper Award
To encourage students to present their research work, a Best Student Paper Award will be presented in APSCOM 2018. Each winner will receive HK$1,000 together with a certificate. For a paper to quality for the award, an author must be the first author and the presenter of the paper.
Abstract submission has already closed. Authors with accepted papers please submit your full paper via ‘Submit Full Paper’ Button below.